For some reason I can't shake the baby brain. Let me back track just a little for you...We moved into our house after the babies were born. Then we decided to do some minor remodeling which turned into two bathrooms being completely remodeled. I can promise you this is extremely difficult to do with two newborns even with the family help we were getting. On top of taking care of our babies I had a pretty long personal to do list including writing thank you notes from the baby showers (since I was on bed rest and extremely uncomfortable I decided to hold off on writing them - BAD IDEA), thank you notes from other baby gifts, and unpacking our house (finding clothes that would fit post pregnancy!).
Well 4 months later I am still writing thank you notes and unpacking our house. Here is where the baby brain takes over - I recently found a stack of thank you notes that had been written in February. Baby Brain is the reason I didn't remember to mail them. So I made the decision to go ahead and stamp them and get them in the mail ASAP even though I knew many referenced my newborn twins. I figured if I tried to rewrite them that it might not ever get done. So for all of you receiving very late thank you notes, please accept our belated but heartfelt thanks!!!
2 comments:
Too funny! I still have the damn baby brain and my baby will be 1 next month (EESSHH!)
Everything speeds up when you have kids...you just don't have time for anything anymore!
Welcome to the club Anne...I still have baby brain and my youngest is 19 months. It never goes away!
Post a Comment