Let me preface this post by mentioning that the kids have been sleeping in seperate rooms for months now. Avery has been a trooper by sleeping in the pack n play in the play room. The reason Avery got moved in the first place is because Riggs was having diffculty sleeping at night and crying out. He is also an early riser.
Previoulsy when we would try to put them together (usually while travelling) in the same room it was a nightmare. Well this past Friday we went down da bayou and stayed with friends who had two cribs. (meaning no pack n plays needed!!) Well little Miss Avery decided to sleep until 8am!!! I figured it had to be because she was so comfy in a crib. Don't get me wrong, she sleeps great in her pack n play, but I think the firm mattress in the crib did even more wonders.
So on Saturday night Tim and I agreed to put them back together in the nursery. Putting them down was one of the sweetest moments to listen to. They literally giggled themselves to sleep. I figured this was a great sign.
Before I went to bed I went in to check on them. And thank goodness I did! Riggs was stinky! We can count on one hand how many times they have pooped at night since they were newborns, so this is extremely rare. We were able to take Riggs into our room, change his diaper, an put him back in his crib without him EVER waking up!
Well this trial did NOT go well at all. I honestly can't even remember the details. I know we were up and down all night. By early morning one of them was in bed with us. Night one: 1 kids 0 parents
Last night we figured we'd try it again. They both went down relatively quickly. Around 9:30 Avery woke up screaming. We let her cry for 10 minutes and it was just getting worse. I figured it was one of her three new teeth bothering her. We went in gave her Tylenol and never heard from her again until 7am. During this screaming Riggs never woke up!
Tim sent me to the guest room so the kids could cry it out in the night if necessary. So needless to say I slept great!
Riggs did wake once at 3:30 and Avery never woke and Tim didn't have to go in there. Riggs woke up a little before 6 am and Tim gave his bottle and he went back to sleep.
I woke up without an alarm or to a crying baby at 6:15. Did a few house chores and then gave Avery her milk right at 7am.
Overall great night! Night Two: 0 kids 1 parents
No comments:
Post a Comment