Monday, May 11, 2009

Best First Mother's Day gift EVER!

I'm not sure how many of you know it, but I have an extremely thoughtful husband. He always amazes me with his "first" gifts. I wear my first Christmas present almost everyday. Our first anniversary gift was the most sincere and genuine gift I have ever received in my life. It put me to tears instantly. Well he has done it again...

Mother's Day started off right. I slept on the sofa completely away from the babies. He handled all things baby through the night. I helped with the morning feeding then got to lounge on the sofa and relax. Then he handed me a card. No gift. Just a card. The front of the card had this picture on it:



I had no idea why he would get me a card with bench in the rain, until I read the inside. This is the bench that is outside of the doctor's office where we called our family to let them know that we would be having twins. He took the picture while on a business trip back to Baltimore and had Dearie make it into a card. I had tears and thought that was the best gift he could have gotten me. He left the room and returned with a small gift bag (the best gifts come in small packages!). The box was from Neiman's and inside I found:



I absolutely adore the ring. So Tim, thank you for the best Mother's Day Gift. I love you with all my heart and I am so lucky to have the most wonderful husband ever.

P.S. I forgot to mention there was one more gift! He took time Saturday night (while me and the babies were sleeping) and ironed our sheets...if you have ever had the luxury of sleeping on ironed sheets you can understand that this was such a treat! I'm pretty sure he'll never do it again ;)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

The ring is perfect! What a sweetheart! I'm glad you had such a memorable First Mother's Day. Too bad everyday can't be Mother's Day!! I think it's better than birthdays!