Monday, August 10, 2009

Who knew peas could mean so much

Once a week (most of the time) I have help. Since June Meaghan, home for the summer from college, has been our life saver. She comes on mondays to relieve me. On my day off I typically run errands, go to the gym, clean the house, cook dinner and do laundry. Today I had one additional plan - I had a scheduled massage (I had received a gift card for Christmas and couldn't ever justify paying someone to watch my kids while I went and got a massage.) I ran my errands, went to the gym (thanks B for meeting me!), and then had an amazing massage at Coccolare. I was relaxed for all of 30 seconds after the massage until I got to my phone and saw multiple missed calls and text messages from Tim. Immediately I thought the babies were so bad that I would have to rush home. Well it wasn't the babies, Tim got his results from the MRI he had on Friday. Unfortunately they were not what we were hoping for, he has a problem with a disc in his neck. As you can imagine I was very upset and came home. Tim is taking it all well and we will know more later this week once we can meet with some doctors.

After having lunch with Tim he insisted that I hit the roads and finish my errands. Well I did just that and came home to two very happy babies. Riggs was having so much fun in the johnny jumper that Tim asked us to leave the living room and go to the nursery because he needed to make some work calls. I thought to myself this is going to be a great evening - two fun loving, playful, happy babies! I obviously thought too soon. Moments later I had two needy babies. This was due to the fact that Riggs hadn't taken a long afternoon nap and Avery kept rolling over and getting stuck. I tried putting them both down for an early evening nap...no such luck. I then had them both in my room on the bed. Well both of them were screaming so loud that Tim came to check on us. While he held Avery I swaddled Riggs and left him on our bed. Within seconds he was asleep. Avery on the other hand had no desire to sleep. I put her in the swing and that lasted for about 5 minutes. It was close to dinner time so I decided to take advantage of feeding one baby at a time.

As I was preparing Avery's dinner Aunt B called to let me know that Charlotte wanted to see the babies, but she had to eat her peas. I then of course told Charlotte that if she ate her peas she was more than welcome to come over to see the babies. I even went so far as telling Charlotte that Avery would be eating peas very soon. I fixed (aka: opened) a jar of peas and pears with cereal for dinner. I even broke out the vintage bowls!!

By the time the May Flowers were at the house Avery had finished her peas! I did give her a bite of brothers so Charlotte could see her eat her peas!

I can't tell you what a treat it is to have evening visitors...especially the kind that bathe a baby while you feed another baby! The May Flowers swooped Avery out of her high chair and took her outside to play with Abi. I was able to feed Riggs all by himself, and suprisingly he ate REALLY well. I wonder if that means he would prefer to be an only child ;) Avery enjoyed her Aunt B bath while I fed Riggs. And Riggs enjoyed his alone down time after dinner (he must be related to Tim!)


"All Done"
These bowls were used my most of my siblings growing up! Pretty sure the Humpty Dumpty one was Trey's and the teddy bear one was mine.

The face of a little boy with a full belly.

Avery had a great bath with the May Flowers!

Ahh...so relaxed.

Charlotte - Avery and Riggs will eat peas anytime if it means we get to see the May Flowers!

2 comments:

Blair said...

aww.. we had a fabulous time too! Charlotte said that was the best part of her day!

Amy said...

Love the new look of the blog:) So cute!