I promised my babies I would get them an expensive set of dentures if they promised not to teethe. Unfortunately they decided to start teething! They are four and a half months old and can't roll over (mainly this is my fault because I don't spend a lot of time doing tummy time!) but they are starting to get their teeth.
Last week Riggs was diagnosed with tonselitis and we have been treating him and Avery with an antibiotic (twins typically get whatever the other one has). Riggs has, for the most part, been pretty good about the whole thing. He didn't even really fuss when he had the really bad sore throat - he just didn't eat very much. He continued to sleep through the night and be his very happy self. Mothers Day weekend he had a little rash around his face, and continued to have a low grade fever. I decided it was related to our time out by the pool and his reaction to the medicine. But then towards the end of the week when my in laws arrived for the Baptism he was just not himself. Extremely fussy, not eating and not sleeping well. And again a rash. I called the doctor but we agreed to give it some time because he was still getting enough nourishment. Well yesterday was just too out of the ordinary. He would scream uncontrollably, wasn't eating, and wouldn't nap. He was miserable.
Tim and I broke out the What to Expect the First Year...symptoms of teething. Wouldn't you know he had them ALL. I had already scheduled an appointment with the doctor. I decided this morning to go in to make sure he didn't have an ear infection, or anything else. Sure enough he is perfectly healthy! So I am the first time mother that brings their kids in to find out they are teething!
I am pretty confidant that Avery is right on track with Riggs. This morning she screamed uncontrollably from 5:30 to 6:00 am.
1 comment:
Yuck! Teething sucks, Jack has three now, but more are coming in and his tolerance for pain (of all things) he got from me. Hope you all get some sleep this weekend:)
Post a Comment