Friday, December 18, 2009

Avery's gone vertical

It's official...as of today, our little girl can stand on her own. It's brief, and if you're not paying attention you can confuse it with a "slow fall" from whatever piece of furniture or stand-up toy she had just pulled up on. But, if you watch carefully, you can see a few seconds of balance before her butt hits the ground.

Anne and I are celebrating by seeing a movie tonight...Invictus, starring Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon. So many of my life's more important memories (happy and sad) are tied to rather mundane things that happened that day. I remember the two together for some reason. For instance, when I found out Pepau Ryan passed away, I was playing an off road game on Nintendo, and that memory has stuck with me as vividly as speaking with Uncle Dan about Pepau. So, Avery, whenever I remember you standing, I'll think of rugby, Nelson Mandela, and the end of apartheid.

No comments: